Suburb Profiles



COOLBELLUP

Coolbellup gets its name from a lake near the eastern boundary of North Lake and was not names Coolbellup until 1957. It used to be home to cattle/dairy farms, an abattoir and even a vineyard. In 1954 the land was resumed by the State Housing Commission as an intensive post-war housing scheme was to develop to area. Coolbellup has facilities such as Coolbellup Shopping Centre, a number of parks and schools.