- Landlord Information
Presenting your property to the highest possible standard will ensure that quality tenants are secured as quickly as possible. Some handy hints to assist in achieving the best results are
- Lawns should be neatly mowed, edged and healthy and garden beds weeded. Ideally all lawns and gardens should be reticulated.
- Any large trees or shrubs pruned back from driveway, windows and roofs.
- Garage or shed cleaned and free of rubbish.
- Windows cleaned inside and out (this will let more natural light into the house).
- Swimming pools cleaned, all pool equipment to be in good working order, supply of chemicals.
- All rubbish and household items to be removed.
- Clean gutters.
- Repair dripping taps.
- Service reticulation and ensure working correctly, install automatic watering systems.
- All carpets professionally steam cleaned.
- Walls cleaned and any large chips/ scuffs repaired.
- If repainting walls, a neutral colour should be used.
- Pay special attention to the kitchen and bathrooms - these areas often affect a tenant's decision to rent your property. Tiles and grout should be clean and sealed, surfaces free of mould and grime.
- Line the interior of kitchen cupboards if they are aged. Replace dated and damaged bench tops.
- High wattage light globes will brighten a room, also ensure that the light fittings are clean.
- Curtains and blinds cleaned and in good repair (torn curtains can ruin the presentation of a room).
The Tenant's Safety, Comfort & Convenience
Windows and deadlocks (Should meet legislation requirements - tenants may be unable to obtain contents insurance without these).
Air-conditioning and heating
Ensure all sliding doors and shower screens have safety glass and working rollers
Fully automatic reticulation
Hard wired Smoke Detectors
Telephone/ data connection point
3 x sets of keys for ALL entry locks